Arden Group, Inc. Announces Third Quarter Earnings
Arden Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:ARDNA) today released its sales and income figures for the third quarter ended October 2, 2010.
Arden Group, Inc. is the parent company of Gelson’s Markets which operates eighteen full-service supermarkets in Southern California carrying both perishable and grocery products.
|ARDEN GROUP, INC. AND CONSOLIDATED SUBSIDIARIES|
|THIRD QUARTER EARNINGS RELEASE|
|Thirteen Weeks Ended||Thirty-Nine Weeks Ended|
|October 2,||October 3,||October 2,||October 3,|
|(In Thousands, Except Share, Per Share & Footnote Data)||2010||2009||2010||2009|
|Interest, dividend and other income (expense), net||67||57||180||170|
|Income before income taxes||5,823||7,878||21,148||25,606|
|Income tax provision||2,369||3,210||8,614||10,434|
|Basic and diluted net income per common share||$||1.09||$||1.48||$||3.97||$||4.80|
|Basic and diluted weighted average common shares outstanding||3,161,098||3,161,098||3,161,098||3,161,098|
(a) Same store sales decreased 3.3% and 4.2% during the thirteen and thirty-nine weeks ended October 2, 2010, respectively, compared to the same periods of 2009. Sales continue to be negatively impacted by economic conditions and competition in our trade area.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV