Global Ship Lease Reports Results For The Third Quarter Of 2010
LONDON, Nov. 10, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Ship Lease, Inc. (NYSE:GSL), a containership charter owner, announced today its unaudited results for the three months ended September 30, 2010.
Third Quarter and Year To Date Highlights
- Reported revenue of $40.0 million for the third quarter of 2010, up 6% on $37.6 million for the third quarter 2009 due mainly to the addition of one further vessel in August 2009. Revenue for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 was $118.8 million, up 9% on $108.8 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2009
- Generated $26.8 million EBITDA for the third quarter 2010, compared to $25.6 million for the third quarter 2009. EBITDA for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 was $82.5 million compared to $71.1 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2009
- Generated $15.5 million of adjusted cash from operations in the third quarter of 2010, essentially flat on $15.4 million on cash generated in third quarter 2009. Cash generated in the nine months ended September 30, 2010 was $48.9 million, up 8% on $45.5 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2009 mainly from the additional vessel
- Reported normalized net earnings of $6.2 million, or $0.11 per A and B Common Share, for the third quarter of 2010, excluding a $9.7 million non-cash interest rate derivative mark-to-market loss. Normalized net earnings for third quarter 2009 were $6.2 million, or $0.12 per A and B Common Share, excluding $8.1 million non-cash mark-to-market loss and $2.0 million accelerated write off of deferred financing fees. Normalized net earnings for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 was $21.8 million, or $0.40 per A and B Common Share, compared to $19.4 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2009, or $0.36 per A and B Common Share
- Including the non-cash mark-to-market items, reported net loss was $3.5 million, or $0.06 loss per share, for the third quarter of 2010 compared to net loss of $3.9 million, or $0.07 loss per share, for the third quarter 2009. Reported net loss for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 was $5.2 million, or $0.10 loss per share, compared to net income of $30.0 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2009, or $0.56 income per share
- Reached agreement with the sellers of two 4,250 TEU container vessels to convert the purchases, which were due in December 2010 at a total price of $77.4 million each, into options to purchase the vessels in one year for a final payment of $61.25 million each; Global Ship Lease has agreed to release the deposits already paid and pay an additional $6.6 million per vessel for the option
Ian Webber, Chief Executive Officer of Global Ship Lease, stated, "During the third quarter, our fleet once again operated at 100% utilization, enabling Global Ship Lease to achieve record revenue. Our 17 vessel fleet continues to perform as expected and remains secured on long-term fixed rate contracts with an average duration of 8.3 years. The Company's $1.4 billion of contracted revenue combined with the strengthening industry fundamentals positions Global Ship Lease well for the future."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV