Industrial Services Of America, Inc. Announces Third Quarter 2010 Earnings
Industrial Services of America, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDSA) today announced financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2010. Revenue for the third quarter of 2010 was $76.6 million compared with $80.0 million for the same period in 2009. Net income for the quarter was $1.9 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, compared with $2.2 million, or $0.37 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2009. Diluted shares outstanding increased to 6,835,480 from 5,864,585 diluted shares in the third quarter of 2009.
Key Highlights for the Third Quarter Ending September 30, 2010
- Ferrous shipment volumes increased 90% quarter-over-quarter, resulting primarily from ongoing improvements in shredder efficiency
- The Company began the installation of an upgrade to its downstream non-ferrous recovery system, designed to increase yields and profit margins
- Industry veteran Daniel Gascoyne joined ISA as Executive Vice President to lead the Company’s Non-Ferrous Division
- Non-Ferrous shipment volumes were 13% higher than shipment volumes in the second quarter
- ISA’s Alloys division continued to perform well with respect to profit margins and capacity
Key Highlights for the Nine Months Ending September 30, 2010
- Revenues up 70% year-over-year
- Net Income up 61% year-over-year
- Diluted EPS up 36% year-over-year, despite an increase in shares outstanding
Harry Kletter, Chairman of the Board of Industrial Services of America, commented, “When we look at our earnings, our Alloys, Ferrous and Non-Ferrous divisions all performed solidly during the quarter.”The third quarter of 2010 was the seventh consecutive quarter of profitability for ISA, following the dramatic downturn in the industry and the global economy in the fourth quarter of 2008. Mr. Kletter said, “Scrap recycling is not a monthly or quarterly business. We buy and sell scrap in response to customer orders, but we can’t predict the timing. Sometimes we have firm orders that don’t ship until the following quarter. But we have grown our business every year, and 2010 is no different.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV