Granite City Continues Its Positive Sales And Guest Count Trends Through Third Quarter 2010
Granite City Food & Brewery Ltd. (Nasdaq: GCFB), a Modern American upscale casual restaurant chain, today reported results for the third quarter ended September 28, 2010.
Highlights for the third quarter 2010 were as follows:
- Total restaurant sales increased 3.7% to $22.3 million from $21.5 million a year-ago. Comparable restaurant sales for the third quarter increased 4.0% to $21.3 million from $20.5 million a year-ago.
- Guest counts at comparable restaurants increased 3.7% compared to a year-ago.
- Restaurant-level income before occupancy (“IBO”) margin improved to 22.3% in the third quarter of 2010 from 21.7% in prior year third quarter.
- EBITDA at $1.4 million for the third quarter 2010 increased $300,000 compared to the prior year quarter.
Third Quarter 2010 Financial Results
"Granite City continued to see its customer traffic and same store sales grow during the third quarter,” said Steve Wagenheim, President and Chief Executive Officer of Granite City. “Although we used discounting and marketing at a higher level than we would have liked during the quarter, we are pleased with the momentum of our sales and guest trends moving into the holiday season. Our goal is to reduce our discounting during the fourth quarter to enhance our margins and cash flow."Total revenue for third quarter 2010 increased by 3.7% to $22.3 million compared to $21.5 million for the third quarter of 2009. Total cost of sales before occupancy was $17.3 million in the third quarter or 77.7% of sales compared to prior year third quarter cost of sales before occupancy of $16.8 million or 78.3% of sales. The primary source of this percentage improvement was a decrease in labor costs as a percentage of revenue of 1.0 percentage points and a decrease in food, beverage and retail costs as a percentage of revenue of 0.2 percentage points, partially offset by an increase in restaurant operating expenses of 0.5 percentage points. For all the restaurants, the restaurant-level IBO margin was 22.3% for the third quarter of 2010 compared to 21.7% in the third quarter of 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV