- As previously announced, on November 1, 2010, Ambac did not make a regularly scheduled interest payment on Company debentures due May 1, 2023, and filed for bankruptcy protection under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code on November 8, 2010.
- Net change in fair value of credit derivatives was positive $9.4 million in the current quarter, down from $2,132.9 million in the third quarter 2009.
- Net loss and loss expenses incurred amounted to $165.4 million for the current quarter, down from $459.2 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- During the third quarter 2010, AAC commuted the reinsurance arrangement with its subsidiary, Ambac Assurance UK Ltd (“Ambac UK”) resulting in a net gain of $157.8 million (included in “Other income” in the Consolidated Statements of Operations).
- The financial services segment recorded a $77.4 million operating loss primarily related to the impact of lower interest rates on the derivative products business.
- Statutory surplus of Ambac Assurance Corporation (“AAC”) decreased to approximately $912 million at September 30, 2010 from $1.5 billion at June 30, 2010, driven primarily by statutory loss and loss expenses.
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. Announces Third Quarter 2010 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.