China's Tudou Plans U.S. IPO
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tudou, a China-based online video company, is planning an initial public offering in the U.S., according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing on Tuesday.
The video company has applied to trade on the Nasdaq under the symbol TUDO. It did not specify a price range or a date for the IPO, but it said it is looking to raise as much as $120 million.In 2009, the company recorded a loss of $21.6 million, or $1.81 per share compared with a loss of $29.4 million or $2.45 per share in 2008.
The company's revenue grew to $16.9 million in 2009 from $4.7 million in 2008. At the end of September, the number of registered users had increased to 71.4 million from 16.3 million as of December 31, 2007.
Tudou launched its online video platform in April 2005. The company says it will use the proceeds from the offering to expand its Internet bandwidth and develop new technology to help it compete with its major online video competitor, Youku.com.Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank and Oppenheimer will arrange the offering. -- Written by Theresa McCabe in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Theresa McCabe. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to @TheresaMcCabe. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV