Havertys Declares A One-Time Dividend
At the meeting of the board of directors of HAVERTY FURNITURE COMPANIES, INC., (NYSE: HVT and HVT.A) held on November 9, 2010, the directors declared a one-time cash dividend to be paid on the two classes of $1 par value common stock of the company, payable Monday, December 6, 2010 to stockholders of record at the close of business on Friday, November 19, 2010, at a rate of $0.100 per share on the outstanding shares of Common Stock (Cusip #419596101) and $0.095 per share on the outstanding shares of Class A Common Stock (Cusip #419596200).
Clarence H. Smith, president and chief executive officer, said, “We are pleased that our earnings and strong cash position in 2010 allows us to return cash to the shareholders. We intend to return capital when performance creates the appropriate opportunities while maintaining sufficient capital for our planned initiatives.”
Havertys has paid a cash dividend in each year since 1935.
Havertys is a full-service home furnishings retailer with 119 showrooms in 17 states in the Southern and Midwestern regions providing its customers with a wide selection of quality merchandise in middle- to upper-middle price ranges.Additional information is available on the Company’s website at www.havertys.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV