Havertys Declares A One-Time Dividend
At the meeting of the board of directors of HAVERTY FURNITURE COMPANIES, INC., (NYSE: HVT and HVT.A) held on November 9, 2010, the directors declared a one-time cash dividend to be paid on the two classes of $1 par value common stock of the company, payable Monday, December 6, 2010 to stockholders of record at the close of business on Friday, November 19, 2010, at a rate of $0.100 per share on the outstanding shares of Common Stock (Cusip #419596101) and $0.095 per share on the outstanding shares of Class A Common Stock (Cusip #419596200).
Clarence H. Smith, president and chief executive officer, said, “We are pleased that our earnings and strong cash position in 2010 allows us to return cash to the shareholders. We intend to return capital when performance creates the appropriate opportunities while maintaining sufficient capital for our planned initiatives.”
Havertys has paid a cash dividend in each year since 1935.
Havertys is a full-service home furnishings retailer with 119 showrooms in 17 states in the Southern and Midwestern regions providing its customers with a wide selection of quality merchandise in middle- to upper-middle price ranges.Additional information is available on the Company’s website at www.havertys.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV