Yahoo!, RIM story updated with closing stock prices and more information on Logitech.
Yahoo! rose 3.22% to close at $16.97 Tuesday afternoon after reports circulated that the Sunnyvale, Calif.-based search giant could be the target of a takeover attempt by private equity group KKR. Chinese Internet company Alibaba is also rumored to be eying Yahoo! Earlier reports had also pegged AOL (AOL) as a potential Yahoo! bidder.
Priceline (PCLN), meanwhile, closed up more than 8% to $420.65 after releasing strong third-quarter earnings and better-than-expected fourth quarter guidance Monday.Revenue jumped 37% to $1 billion from $730.7 million during the year-ago period. Adjusted profit rose to $5.33 a share, compared to $3.45 a share a year ago. Computer peripherals maker Logitech (LOGI) jumped more than 12% and closed at $21.89. The company, whose set-top box, Revue, is featured in Google's (GOOG) TV effort, filed its 10-Q after market close Monday. The company also held an analyst and investor day Tuesday, where it raised its long-term gross margin outlook from 32% - 34% to a range of 35% - 37%. Level 3 Communciations (LVLT) surged more than 18.6% and closed at $1.05 after the company announced it had secured a deal with Netflix (NFLX). Trading of the web hosting firm was temporarily halted due to a circuit breaker trip as investors reacted to the report. On the flip side of the flat line, shares of BlackBerry maker RIM fell more than 2.65% and closed at $55 after Kaufman Bros. downgraded the stock from buy to hold Tuesday. Also adding to the price drop was the fact that AT&T (T) cut the price of its BlackBerry Torch smartphone in half from $199.999 to $99.99. --Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV