NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Insider trading has been a profitable investment strategy for more than 50 years. Insider trading is most profitable when several insiders buy around the same time.
Excess returns above index funds were more than 7% per year for stocks with intensive insider purchases. Insider Monkey, your source for free insider trading data, compiled the list of companies where at least three insiders were buying; the latest purchase was made in October.
2. Premierwest Bancorp (PRWT): Two insiders purchased PRWT stock in October and a third one bought in September. The last purchase was made by company director James Patterson, on Oct. 29 at $0.39 per share.3. Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL): Two insiders purchased BNCL stock in October and a third insider bought at the end of August. The August purchase was made at $8.91 per share, and the recent purchases registered a per-share price as low as $7.24. 4. Oneida Financial (ONFC): Richard Myers, a ONFC Board of Directors member, bought 700 shares at $7.50 per share on Oct. 29. There were two other insiders buying ONFC shares in August and September. 5. First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): Two different insiders purchased FFIN shares at the end of October between $47.1 and $47.25. A third insider purchased 1,000 shares at $46.49 in mid September. 6. Pacific Premier Bancorp (PPBI): Jeff Jones, a PPBI Board of Directors member, bought 3,000 shares at $4.99 on Oct. 29. There were two other insiders buying at the end of August and at the beginning of September at prices $4 and $4.18. 7. First National Corp (FXNC): Two insiders bought FXNC shares on Oct. 27, and a third one bought in September. This article was originally published at Insider Monkey .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV