You don't need to be a math major to figure out that over time, more consumers will choose the product with the perceived better quality. In this case, that choice will be Verizon.
The odds are high that Apple customers will abandon AT&T. From a stock perspective, playing these two stocks in a pair trade is a virtual no-brainer. Absolute return investors can go long the expected winner in the battle by owning Verizon and shorting the expected loser AT&T.
-- Written by Jamie Dlugosch in Minneapolis.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV