Dividend activity has picked up lately as companies begin to regain some sense of stability in the state of the economy, and visibility of future earnings growth. The iShares Dow Jones Select Dividend (DVY), an exchange-traded fund that tracks the Dow Jones U.S. Select Dividend Index, is up nearly 3% over the past month, and up nearly 12% so far in 2010.
Insurance holding company EMC Insurance Group (EMCI) raised its quarterly dividend by a penny per share to 19 cents. The new payout will be available Nov. 24 to shareholders of record on Nov. 17, bringing EMC's current dividend yield to 3.4%.
KKR Financial (KFN), an investment services firm, upped its quarterly payout by 2 cents per share to 14 cents. The next dividend will be paid on Dec. 1 to shareholders of record on Nov. 17. That brings KKR's new yield to 6.1%.Movie theatre manager Cinemark Holdings (CNK) will pay its shareholders a 16.7% larger dividend of 21 cents per share. The higher payout will be available Dec. 7 to shareholders of record on Nov. 22 for a new yield of 4.5%. Telus (TU), a Canadian telecommunications firm, raised its quarterly dividend to 52.5 cents per share, from 50 cents per share. Payable in Canadian funds, less Canadian tax, the new dividend will be available to Jan. 4, 2011 to shareholders of record on Dec. 10. Consumer goods supplier Unilever N.V. (UN) raised its dividend by 6% to 29.16 cents per share. It will be paid Dec. 15 to shareholders of record on Nov. 12 for a new yield of 3.7%. Parent company Unilever (UL) raised its payout by the same amount for a new yield of 3.8%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV