Clarus Corporation Announces Third Quarter Financial Results
Pro forma adjusted gross profit and adjusted gross margins for the nine months ending September 30, 2010, which include Gregory and exclude the $4.3 million increase in cost of goods sold due to the increase in inventory value, would have been $35.2 million and 38.8% compared to $31.9 million and 38.2% in the same period in 2009. The stronger gross margin is mainly due to economies of scale in our manufacturing operations.
Net income, as reported for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 was $51.6 million, or $2.67 per diluted share. Excluding non-cash items of $(59.9) million, combined net income before non-cash items was a loss of $(5.9) million, or $(0.31) per share. Excluding transaction, restructuring, and merger and integration costs relating to the acquisitions of $7.5 million, net of related taxes, combined adjusted net income before non-cash items was income of $1.6 million, or $0.08 per diluted share. Following this press release is a reconciliation of net income to net income before non-cash items, adjusted net income before non-cash items and related earnings per share for the combined three and nine month period ended September 30, 2010 and September 30, 2009.
Cash at September 30, 2010, totaled $1.6 million.Total long-term debt including the current portion of long term debt was $32.9 million at September 30, 2010, which included $19.2 million outstanding on our $35.0 million line of credit, and a discounted value of $13.4 million on our 5% subordinated notes, as well as $0.3 million in capital leases and other debt. The face value of the 5% subordinated notes is $22.1 million. The increase in our line of credit is due to our seasonal working capital increases. The Company historically experiences increases in accounts receivable and inventory during the third quarter, as it enters into the fall and winter seasons.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV