Clarus Corporation Announces Third Quarter Financial Results
Peter Metcalf, Chief Executive Officer, commented, “it is particularly gratifying to see revenue growth and solid gross margins in our first three months of consolidated operations. Keep in mind that management from each of Black Diamond, Clarus and Gregory invested more than six months of material effort evaluating, planning and consummating this unique combination of assets and people. The integration and reorganization is proceeding according to plan and we anticipate that most of the transaction, restructuring and transition costs are now behind us."
Nine Month Results
Combined sales for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 were $76.6 million compared to $61.6 million during the nine months ended September 30, 2009. Combined results include the results of the Company and the Predecessor for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 and September 30, 2009, but do not include the results of Gregory, prior to the closing date of the Acquisition on May 28, 2010.
Pro forma sales for the nine months ended September 30, 2010, which include Gregory were $90.8 million, an increase of 8.9% versus pro forma sales of $83.4 million in the same period in 2009. Included in this press release is a reconciliation of combined sales as reported and pro forma sales for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2010 compared to combined sales and pro forma sales for the nine months ended September 30, 2009.Combined gross profit and gross profit margins for the nine months ended September 30, 2010 were $25.1 million and 32.8%, respectively. Gross profit includes a $4.3 million increase in cost of goods sold due to the increase in inventory value as a result of the allocation of fair value in purchase accounting. Excluding the $4.3 million fair value adjustment, combined gross margin for the nine month period ending September 30, 2010, would have been 38.4%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV