Himax Reports Third Quarter 2010 Financial Results
TAINAN, Taiwan, Nov. 8, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Himax Technologies, Inc. ("Himax" or "Company") (Nasdaq:HIMX) today reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2010.
For the third quarter of 2010, Himax reported net revenues of $138.3 million, representing a 31.9% decrease from $203.1 million in the third quarter of 2009, and a 26.3% decrease from $187.7 million in the second quarter of 2010. Gross margin was 22.9% in the third quarter of 2010, up 250 basis points year-over-year and sequentially. Operating loss in the third quarter was $0.7 million, compared to operating income of $10.8 million for the same period last year and $13.0 million in the previous quarter.
Net income attributable to Himax stockholders for the third quarter of 2010 was $0.4 million or 0.3 cents per diluted ADS, down from $8.8 million or $0.05 cents per diluted ADS in the third quarter of 2009, and down from $12.0 million or $0.07 cents per diluted ADS in the second quarter of 2010.Excluding share-based compensation and acquisition-related charges, non-GAAP operating income for the third quarter of 2010 was $7.3 million, down from $20.0 million in the same period last year, and down from $15.4 million in the previous quarter. Non-GAAP net income attributable to Himax stockholders for the third quarter of 2010 was $7.0 million or $0.04 per diluted ADS, down from $16.2 million or $0.09 per diluted ADS in the third quarter of 2009, and down from $14.0 million or $0.08 per diluted ADS in the second quarter of 2010. Reconciliation of gross margin, operating margin (loss), net margin and diluted EPS excluding share-based compensation and acquisition-related charges, a non-GAAP financial measure, to GAAP gross margin, GAAP operating margin (loss), GAAP net margin and diluted GAAP EPS, most comparable GAAP figure, is set out in the attached reconciliation schedule.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV