Amazon purchased Quidsi, which also operates the newly launched Soap.com, for $500 million in cash and assumed $45 million in debt. The deal is expected to close by the end of the year.
The Internet retailer has been on an M&A kick, purchasing online footwear retailer Zappos.com back in 2009 for $847 million.
Amazon also recently bought Woot.com, a site that offers daily discounts, and has agreed to purchase BuyVIP, a fashion site.Shutterfly (SFLY), deal site Groupon, private-sale sites like Gilt Group and Ideeli, and auto parts site USAutoparts.net, have all been cited as potential takeover targets. In light of all this, here's a look at other companies that could be on Amazon's radar....
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV