U.S. Energy Corp. Reports Third Quarter 2010 Financial Results
RIVERTON, Wyo., Nov. 8, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- U.S. Energy Corp. (Nasdaq:USEG) ("USE" or the "Company") reported its highlights and financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2010. USEG is a natural resources exploration and development company with interests in molybdenum, oil and gas, geothermal, and real estate assets.
Selected Highlights for the Third Quarter and Period Subsequent to September 30, 2010
Production volumes for the third quarter of 2010 were 1,246 barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) per day which is an all time high for quarterly production. Our production was therefore up 427% from 292 BOE per day in the third quarter of 2009 and up 13% from 1,098 BOE in the second quarter of 2010. Production volumes for the first nine months of 2010 averaged 1,225 barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) per day up 455% from 269 BOE per day in the first nine months of 2009. At September 30, 2010, we had 16 gross (6.03 net) producing wells, up from 3 gross (0.48 net) at September 30, 2009.The following summarizes our Williston Basin activity during the quarter:
- Successfully completed wells 10 and 11, the Sedlacek Trust 33-4 #1H and Sukut 28-33 #1H, under our 15 initial well DPA with Brigham in the Williston Basin in North Dakota. The two wells averaged initial production rates of 2,327 BOE/D during early 24 hour flow back periods;
- Successfully completed a Three Forks formation test well, the State 36-1 #2H, with an initial production rate of 2,356 BOE/D during an early 24 hour flow back period. Further testing and positive infill results could delineate the potential to drill up to 44 additional Three Forks wells once infill spacing is defined;
- Drilled initial well 12, the Kalil Farms 14-23 #1H and infill wells Brad Olson #2H and Brad Olson #3H.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV