The game is already tracking to surpass records set last year by its predecessor, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which sold 4.7 million copies its first day of global sales.
In October, retailer GameStop (GME) said pre-orders for Black Ops were higher than those for Modern Warefare during the same timeframe.Amazon (AMZN) also tweeted last week that Black Ops pre-orders had exceeded those of Modern Warefare. Domestic pre-orders of Black Ops are around 3 million, said Daniel Ernst, an analyst at Hudson Square Research, who expects combined one-day global sales to "materially surpass" those of Modern Warefare. However, overall quarterly sales of Black Ops are expected to be 10% to 20% lower than its predecessor, said Janco Partners analyst Mike Hickey. Infinity Ward, the studio that created Modern Warfare, is traditionally regarded as higher in quality than Treyarch, which developed Black Ops, Hickey said. "The higher quality and the modernish tweak to the gameplay for Infinity Ward gives
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV