Republic Airways Holdings CEO Discusses Q3 2010 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Unit costs ex fuel for the quarter actually dropped to $0.0752 from $0.0761 in the prior third quarter. This is a particularly good result given that our average stage length actually decreased about 5% in our fixed-fee business. Of course, we realize we must remain both a high-reliable airline and a unit cost-competitive airline in order to remain a preferred provider in this segment, and we do remain committed to both operational quality and cost leadership in this market.
Excluding fuel, our fixed-fee service revenues were down about $21 million, or 8% ,on a 7% decrease in block hours, and that's the effect of a reduction of approximately 15 lines of 50-seat [lines] that have exited our fixed-fee business over the last year.
Turning to the Frontier operation, I'm pleased to say that we continue to improve our operational and financial performance. Total revenues were $445.8 million for the quarter. That's an increase of 9.7% from the combined Frontier/Midwest 2009 results, and that revenue increase was achieved on a capacity increase of 7.8% for the third quarter.
Unit revenues in the third quarter came in at $0.1151, which is a 2% increase over '09 results and in line with the guidance of 1-3% we gave on our last call, and I'll ask our VP of revenue management, Greg Aretakis, to give you a little more color on that in just a minute.Our load factors at Frontier for the quarter remained very strong. We produced an 87.4% load factor for the third quarter, which was another record and compared favorably to the 86.1% load factor in Q3 '09. Fuel costs for the quarter came in at $2.32 per gallon, and that excludes a $200,000 charge we took for our fuel hedge mark-to-market adjustment. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV