Sysco's net earnings reflect a $39 increase in year-over-year tax expense primarily related to an IRS settlement gain and higher non-taxable corporate owned life insurance gains recorded in the year-earlier quarter.
Sysco maintained its 25 cent-per-share dividend.
United Natural Foods, a distributor of natural, organic and specialty foods, saw its share price dip 0.4% Monday morning.Spartan, a regional grocery distributor in Michigan and Indiana, bid 0.8% lower. Core-Mark, which supplies the convenience retail industry, traded 0.1% higher. -- Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/miriamsmarket. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
>>See our new stock quote page. Get more stock ideas and investing advice on our sister site, Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV