Dell Services and Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) today announced an expanded strategic partnership under which Dell Services will utilize Symantec’s e-mail security platform as the security engine for its Email Management Services (EMS) portfolio of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions. The partnership will utilize Symantec Hosted Services’ state-of-the-art, cloud-based security services to bring new e-mail security features and improved functionality to Dell’s EMS customers and channel partners, providing them with increased e-mail protection and availability.
Dell Services’ EMS Email Continuity and EMS Email Archive SaaS solutions are currently offered to Symantec’s customers and channel partners. Through this enhanced partnership, Symantec will increase the depth and breadth of its solutions for customers seeking additional capabilities for hosted e-mail products.
Using Symantec’s e-mail security platform, Dell Services will offer the following expanded security features to new and existing EMS Email Security customers and channel partners:
Hosted Email Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam Capabilities:
- Traffic and connection management tools and commercial scanners help identify, slow and reject spam and virus attacks
- Proprietary predictive technology helps to identify both unknown and new viruses and spam
- Message track and trace functionality allows administrators to determine e-mail status as delivered, blocked or in queue
- Identification and control of confidential, malicious, or inappropriate inbound or outbound e-mail
- Aids in the enforcement of e-mail acceptable use policies to reduce the risk of legal action, damage to corporate reputation and data loss
- Secure, encrypted private e-mail networks help to safeguard the privacy and integrity of e-mail communications
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) functionality encrypts the entire e-mail connection between sender and recipient network boundaries