Yahoo! may be the target of a tie-up with AOL (AOL), according to a report Monday in the Wall Street Journal . AOL has hired financial advisors to explore strategic options for the company, including a combination with the Sunnyvale, Calif. search giant. There are no formal discussions being held between the two companies, the report said.
The rumors follow reports last month of AOL and a group of private investors vying to buy Yahoo!.
Amazon (AMZN) is nearing a deal to buy Quidsi, the parent company of Diapers.com and Soap.com for an estimated $540 million, according to a media report published Saturday. Amazon has acquired serveral e-commerce sites in the last year, including shoe retailer Zappos and discount site Woot .Amazon shares were up 0.13% to $171 in pre-market trading Monday.
Microsoft (MSFT) CEO Steve Ballmer has sold $1.34 billion in company shares in the past several days, according to an SEC filing Friday. Ballmer, who said he sold the 49.3 million shares for "financial diversification and tax planning," still owns 4% of Microsoft after the transaction. Microsoft shares were down 0.56% to $26.70 in pre-market trading Monday.
Global PC shipments rose in the third quarter, up more than 7% sequentially and 10% year-over-year, according to new report Monday by research firm iSuppil. The firm also predicted that shipments will continue to rise in the fourth quarter.
Online video ad network Tremor Media acquired one of its smaller competitors, Boston-based ScanScout in an attempt to consolidate the market, the company announced last week. Tremor has raised almost $80 million in venture funding, and is a rumored IPO candidiate for 2011. --Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV