Mediacom Communications Reports Results For Third Quarter 2010
MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORPORATION (Nasdaq: MCCC) today reported financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2010. Mediacom Communications will hold a teleconference today at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time to discuss its financial results. A live broadcast of the teleconference can be accessed through our web site at www.mediacomcc.com.
Third Quarter 2010 Financial Highlights *
- Revenues were $374.4 million, a 3.0% increase from the prior year period
- Adjusted operating income before depreciation and amortization (“Adjusted OIBDA”)was $132.2 million, a 0.7% increase from the prior year period 1
- Operating income was $70.3 million, a 0.9% decline from the prior year period
- Revenue generating units (“RGUs”) grew 19,000 for the quarter and 104,000 year-over-year, representing a 3.5% annual gain
- Free Cash Flow was $21.5 million, or $0.32 per basic share, compared to $20.4 million, or $0.30 per basic share, for the prior year period 1
Third Quarter 2010 Financial Results
Revenues rose 3.0% from the prior year period, largely due to continued growth in high-speed data and, to a lesser extent, advertising and phone revenues, offset in part by lower video revenues. Average total monthly revenue per basic subscriber rose 8.4% to $103.17.
- Video revenues declined 1.1%, primarily due to a lower number of basic subscribers, mostly offset by video rate increases and higher revenues from our digital video, digital video recorder and high-definition television services. We lost 13,000 basic subscribers, compared to a loss of 19,000 in the prior year period.We added 12,000 digital customers to end the quarter with 717,000, a 59.6% penetration of basic subscribers. Year-over-year, we gained 52,000 digital customers, a 7.8% growth rate.
- High-speed data revenues rose 9.7%, mainly due to a year-over-year gain of 62,000 high-speed data customers, or 8.1%. We gained 13,000 high-speed data customers to end the quarter with 827,000, a 29.4% penetration of estimated homes passed.
- Phone revenues grew 7.5%, largely due to a year-over-year increase of 50,000 phone customers, or 18.2%, offset in part by higher levels of discounted pricing. We gained 7,000 phone customers to end the quarter with 324,000, a 12.2% penetration of estimated marketable phone homes.
- Advertising revenues rose 18.8%, primarily due to increased national and local sales, with significant contributions from the political and automotive categories.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV