Genta Initiates Trial With Tesetaxel As First-Line Chemotherapy For Women With Metastatic Breast Cancer
Genta Incorporated (OTCBB: GNTA.OB) today announced that the Company has initiated a new Phase 2b clinical trial of tesetaxel as 1 st-line chemotherapy for women with metastatic breast cancer. Tesetaxel is the leading oral taxane currently in clinical development. The new trial will be conducted at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY and at the Accelerated Community Oncology Research Network (ACORN) based in Memphis, TN.
The new trial is designed to confirm and extend the efficacy and safety results observed in a preliminary Phase 2a study of tesetaxel as 2 nd-line treatment of patients with advanced breast cancer (see results below). The new study includes women with Her2-negative breast cancer who have developed progressive disease after primary surgery but who have not previously received chemotherapy for metastatic disease. Patients who received adjuvant post-operative chemotherapy (that may have included a taxane) are also eligible if they have been disease-free for at least 12 months since the last dose of chemotherapy.
The primary endpoint of the study is percent overall response. Secondary endpoints include response duration, disease control at 3 months, percent progression-free survival (PFS) at 6 months, durable response ≥ 6 months, and time-to-progression (TTP). A total of 25 patients are expected to be accrued, and enrollment should be completed in 2011.
Unlike conventional taxanes (paclitaxel [Taxol ®] or docetaxel [Taxotere ®]) that must be infused intravenously, tesetaxel is a capsule that is taken by mouth. Compared with standard taxanes, clinical and preclinical data show that tesetaxel:
- Eliminates serious (occasional fatal) hypersensitivity reactions
- Eliminates requirements for premedication (e.g., steroids, antihistamines, etc.)
- Reduces damage to peripheral nerves
- Is not cross-resistant with standard taxanes
- Offers flexible and convenient dosing for patients
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV