Sara Lee Close to Selling Bakery Unit
Sara Lee's bakery business could sell for $900 million to $1 billion, Bloomberg reports, citing two sources close to the negotiations.
Bloomberg reports that more details of the negotiations could be revealed as early as this week, the sources said.
The report also said talks could be delayed or canceled during the late stages of the negotiations.Sara Lee was asking for more than $1 billion for the bakery business in October, lower than the $1.5 billion it was seeking when it initially explored a sale several months before, said Bloomberg. Also, the negotiations had been held up by disagreements over price and labor costs, the report said. In mid-morning trading Monday, Sara Lee was flat, down 4 cents to $14.67. -- Written by Andrea Tse in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV