- Revenues totaled $10.8 million compared to $7.1 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- Gross margin was 37.8% compared to 41.3% in the 2009 quarter. Gross margin in the 2010 quarter was negatively impacted by a $0.4 million sales credit granted to a customer for estimated engineering and screening costs incurred during 2010. The credit reduced gross margin by 2.4 basis points.
- Operating expenses rose to $6.4 million from $3.1 million in the 2009 quarter, including an increase in R&D expense to $2.4 million from $1.2 million.
- Net loss in the 2010 third quarter was ($1.9) million, or ($0.08) per diluted share, compared to net income of $52,000, or $0.00 per diluted share, in the prior-year period.
- EBITDA in the 2010 third quarter was ($1.0) million compared to $0.4 million in the 2009 quarter.
MEMSIC Announces Third-Quarter 2010 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts