- Revenues totaled $10.8 million compared to $7.1 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- Gross margin was 37.8% compared to 41.3% in the 2009 quarter. Gross margin in the 2010 quarter was negatively impacted by a $0.4 million sales credit granted to a customer for estimated engineering and screening costs incurred during 2010. The credit reduced gross margin by 2.4 basis points.
- Operating expenses rose to $6.4 million from $3.1 million in the 2009 quarter, including an increase in R&D expense to $2.4 million from $1.2 million.
- Net loss in the 2010 third quarter was ($1.9) million, or ($0.08) per diluted share, compared to net income of $52,000, or $0.00 per diluted share, in the prior-year period.
- EBITDA in the 2010 third quarter was ($1.0) million compared to $0.4 million in the 2009 quarter.
MEMSIC Announces Third-Quarter 2010 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.