U.S. Physical CEO Discusses Q3 2010 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Right now, that continues to be creating greater volume development, which I continue to believe we can do through Fit2Work and other internal initiatives designed to enhance a volume in growth through our partnerships, while beneficially improving our payor mix. Additionally, we will continue to add to our sales team with an eye toward further expansion of our resources, with special attention to some of our largest markets where we already have existing sales in place with room for more complete geographic coverage.
On the development front, we have opened 13 de novo facilities at the end of the quarter, several more recently, and a number to complete before year-end. We have discussed our continued focus on acquisition-related growth and after completing our East Coast deal in the spring this year, while I won’t get into too much detail, we will say that you can expect us to continue to do what we say we will do in these areas and all the other areas related to the growth and development of our company.
On the reimbursement front, let me say this. Year in, year out, we have worked as a team very deliberately to move forward. There has been lot of attention over the past few months relating to possible pending reimbursement changes by CMS, the most recent which came as a surprise announcement this summer, which we refer to as MPPR, or Multi Procedure Payment Reduction plan. After significant dialog and comment with CMS regarding what we and the rest of the industry believe, came about through flawed analysis and application, final policy was released two days ago in an approximately 2,000-page document covering a wide landscape of reimbursement and rule updates by CMS across the entire healthcare landscape.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV