BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Adam Feuerstein's take on the biotech week that was Nov. 1, 2010:
The week's best-performing stocks in the sector: Avanir Pharmaceuticals (SYMBOL) (+98%), Aastrom Biosciences (ASTM) (+39%), Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) (+34%), Repros Therapeutics (RPRX) (+23%), and Curis (CRIS) (+19%).
It was Hep C-apalooza in Boston this week at the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (AASLD) annual meeting, which included important updates from Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX), Merck (MRK) and others.
One guy who didn't enjoy his time at AASLD was Dr. Yves Benhamou, arrested on criminal fraud charges for allegedly tipping off a hedge fund with insider information about negative clinical trial results.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV