Watch the car zip through traffic and you get a sense of current market conditions -- risk proof. Aided by the Fed wanting higher asset prices means investors shouldn't have a care in the world. The dominant theme remains, "good news is good and bad news is better" as the money machine works overtime. It does seem a little too pat but that's the way we roll.
One little problem is many markets are seriously overbought as portfolio managers want to make their year in this last quarter. That's the only speed bump on the horizon -- greed and fear.
The good news today was the uptick in hiring (adding 151K jobs) while the bad news was buried in the employed workforce (only 64% equal to 1984) and high level of part-time workers. Also Pending Home Sales dropped 1.8% versus an expected rise of 3% which will no doubt keep the POMO coming.The only thing we can do is go with the tape even as fiscal and monetary policies are disturbing. Volume was again light while breadth was mildly positive. Continue to U.S. Sectors, Stocks & Bonds
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV