iPath Dow Jones UBS Sugar Total Return Subindex ETN (SGG) -0.4%
Sugar has risen steeply throughout the week as supply concerns are met with increasing demand. On Friday, however, the sweetener took a slight break from its ascension. A day like Friday highlights the stable nature of diversified agriculture products such as the PowerShares DB Agriculture Fund (DBA). DBA is trading flat today.
Conservative investors with a desire for agriculture futures exposure should pick DBA over a single commodity fund.
All prices as of 2:15 PM ESTWritten by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV