Democrat Murray Takes Wash. Senate Seat
OLYMPIA, Wash. (TheStreet) - After days of tallying votes, Washington Sen. Patty Murray has emerged victorious against Republican Dino Rossi, seizing a fourth term as a state senator.
Murray held a 51% to 49% lead after 1.8 million votes in the state were tallied, according to the Associated Press. According to the AP's own analysis, Murray's lead would be "insurmountable."
Rossi conceded Thursday evening, saying he called to congratulate Murray on her win, according to CNN.
Murray's victory preserves a Senate seat for the Democrats, who lost control of the House in Tuesday's mid-term elections.-- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV