I.D. Systems, Inc. Reports Third Quarter Financial Results And Announces $3 Million Share Repurchase Program
WOODCLIFF LAKE, N.J., Nov. 4, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- I.D. Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:IDSY) today announced its financial results for the third quarter and nine-month period ended September 30, 2010.
- Revenue for the quarter increased 8% to $6.5 million, compared to $6.0 million for the second quarter of 2010, attributable primarily to increased sales of wireless vehicle management systems.
- Gross margin for the quarter was 52%.
- Selling, general and administrative ("SG&A") costs decreased 34% to $4.4 million, compared to $6.7 million for the second quarter of 2010.
- Net loss for the quarter was reduced by 54% to $1.9 million, or ($0.17) per basic and diluted share, compared to $4.0 million, or ($0.36) per basic and diluted share, for the second quarter of 2010.
- Cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities as of September 30, 2010, increased $1.2 million to $28.3 million, compared to $27.1 million, net of a $1.1 million line of credit, as of June 30, 2010.
In addition, on November 3, 2010, I.D. Systems' Board of Directors authorized the repurchase of issued and outstanding shares of the company's common stock having an aggregate value of up to $3 million pursuant to a share repurchase program. The repurchases under this program will be made from time to time in the open market or in privately negotiated transactions and will be funded from I.D. Systems' working capital. The amount and timing of such repurchases will be dependent upon the price and availability of shares, general market conditions, and the availability of cash, as determined at the discretion of I.D. Systems' management.
"The growth of our wireless industrial vehicle management business, the recurring service contract revenue from the trailer tracking business of our Asset Intelligence subsidiary, and our efforts to reduce operating costs are all positive trends that contributed to our substantially lower net loss for the quarter," said Jeffrey Jagid, I.D. Systems' Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "We also increased our net cash position by over $1 million, with no debt. With the market for our core wireless vehicle management solutions rebounding from the global economic downturn of 2009, we are optimistic that our business will continue to improve."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV