Towerstream Reports Strong Sequential Growth In Adjusted EBITDA Profitability
MIDDLETOWN, R.I., Nov. 4, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Towerstream (Nasdaq:TWER), a leading 4G service provider delivering high-speed wireless Internet access to businesses in 11 major metropolitan areas in the U.S., announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2010.
Third Quarter Operating Highlights
- Revenues increased 34% to $5.1 million during the third quarter 2010 compared to the same period last year and increased 4% compared to the second quarter 2010
- Gross margin remained strong at 75% during the third quarter 2010
- Adjusted Market EBITDA profitability increased to $2.7 million in the third quarter 2010 as compared to $2.4 million for the second quarter 2010 and $1.6 million for the third quarter 2009
- Adjusted EBITDA profitability totaled $0.4 million for the third quarter 2010 compared to $0.05 million for the second quarter 2010 and an Adjusted EBITDA loss of $0.5 million for the third quarter 2009
- Customer churn for the third quarter 2010 was 1.60% compared to 1.15% during the second quarter 2010 and 1.71% during the third quarter 2009
- Chicago market revenues for the third quarter 2010 increased 15% compared to the second quarter 2010 and almost doubled compared to the third quarter 2009, reflecting completion of the Sparkplug acquisition in the second quarter of 2010
Management Comments"We are pleased with the mix of organic and post acquisition growth during the quarter," stated Jeff Thompson, Chief Executive Officer. "Our Los Angeles market reported 11% sequential organic revenue growth over the second quarter of 2010 and 69% revenue growth compared to the third quarter of 2009. Our Chicago market posted a 15% sequential revenue increase as customer interest surged following completion of the Sparkplug acquisition in the second quarter." "Our Smartphone Backhaul program continues to progress with the initiation of pilot trials with potential strategic revenue partners," added Mr. Thompson. "We believe that carriers will seek multiple solutions to address network capacity issues associated with exploding demand from smartphones, tablets, and other devices."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV