Selectica Reports Results For Second Quarter Fiscal 2011
Selectica (NASDAQ:SLTC), a leading provider of contract lifecycle management and sales configuration solutions, today announced financial results for its second fiscal quarter ended September 30, 2010.
Highlights in the second quarter 2011 include:
- Announced the appointment of three new board members
- Resolved litigation regarding the company’s Shareholder Rights Plan
- Opened a new global research and operations center
- Reduced operating expenses for the third consecutive quarter
“This quarter we continued to make significant progress in controlling expenses while establishing the infrastructure to accelerate the development of innovative new solutions,” said Jason Stern, President and Chief Operating Officer of Selectica. “We believe these investments will enable us to create a scalable organization and sustainable growth.”
Revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 was $3.1 million, compared to $3.7 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2011, and $3.7 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2010. New license revenue for the quarter was $304,000, compared with $836,000 last quarter and $945,000 in the second quarter of fiscal 2010. Revenue for the second quarter consisted of 21% license and subscription revenue, 49% maintenance and support revenue, and 30% professional services and other revenue. Revenue for the second quarter from contract lifecycle management solutions was $1.8 million or 59% of total revenue, and revenue from sales configuration solutions was $1.3 million or 41%. Cash, cash equivalents, and short-term investments were $16.7 million on September 30, 2010.New license revenue consisted of SaaS and perpetual licenses from direct and channel sales. New customer wins in the second quarter included companies in life sciences, high tech, and financial services industries. Net loss for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 was $(632,000), or $(0.22) per share, compared to a net loss of $(447,000), or $(0.16) per share, in the first quarter of fiscal 2011 and a net loss of $(1.1 million), or $(0.39) per share, in the second quarter of fiscal 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV