Developments: Net income for the third quarter doubled to $553 million as production was ramped up to meet rising domestic demand. Top-line benefited from the 28% hike in coal prices during the July-September period. Recently, the company paid $682 million for the largest stake in Inner Mongolia Haosheng Coal Mining. This acquisition gives Yanzhou Coal Mining's access to 1.64 billion metric tons of reserves held by Haosheng.
The company expects net profit to increase 100% from a year earlier, due to higher sales and rising average price of coal. Output for 2010 is likely to increase by a third, driven by the takeover of the Australian mining company Felix Resources in 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV