Developments: For the third quarter, net profit increased more than 10-fold from the year-earlier period, supported by foreign exchange gains and the rebound in global air travel. Meanwhile, revenue soared 45%. For September, passenger turnover rose 20% to 6.59 million from the same month a year ago, with load factor rising 7.7%.
The company is poised for robust growth in the upcoming years as seen from the increasing number of aircraft orders. Xiamen Airlines, a joint-stock company in which China Southern Airlines has a 60% share, has agreed to buy 10 Boeing aircraft valued about $699 million through internal financing and commercial loans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV