Developments: For the second quarter, the drug maker, India's second largest pharmaceutical company by sales, registered a 32% increase in net profit to $64 million, compared to the year-ago period. Revenue for the quarter was up 1.8%, supported by domestic market sales. During the quarter, sales in India were up 25% while that of the U.S. rose 3%. Additionally, after making profits from selling generic drugs, Dr. Reddy's has invested $33.35 million in a similar facility scheduled to go on stream by end of 2011.
The company plans to invest $363 million over the next two years in capacity expansion and new facilities. Investments in the biologics segment are expected at around $35 million and $150 million every year for the next two years in global generics and pharmaceutical services, and active ingredients. These investments will not only help to meet future growth requirements, but will likely position Dr. Reddy's as a $3 billion company by 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV