Developments: China's State Grid utility company is in talks with Eletrobras for building generating capacity in Brazil. State Grid is likely to participate in Brazil's transmission sector including building 1,000 kilowatt transmission power lines, which are more cost effective than the lines currently in use in Brazil.
The company plans to raise $4 billion through bond sales and loans. Eletrobras has secured a $500 million loan from a Venezuelan lender Andean Development Corporation, $500 million financing from the World Bank, and $1 billion through bonds. Further, $1.5 billion financing from French banks for funding equipment for a nuclear plant in Southeastern Brazil may come through.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV