NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Global markets clocked substantial gains during the last one month with the Shanghai Composite outperforming other indices after gaining 14.1%. Counterpart Bovespa was up 1.9%. This compares to a 4.1% increase in the S&P 500 and a 3.3% rise in the Dow Jones. On the contrary, India's Nifty increased by a marginal 0.4%.
A few emerging market ADRs generated lucrative returns for investors during the past one month. We present 10 such stocks, which have gained anywhere between 10-30% during this period.
10. Tata Motors (TTM), India's largest automobile company by sales, is engaged in the manufacture of both commercial and passenger vehicles. The stock gained 10.4% during the last one month.
Developments: Tata Motors has acquired an 80% stake in Trilix Srl, an Italian design and engineering company for EUR 1.85 million ($2.65 million). The company launched the Tata Aria, the first Indian four-wheel drive cross-over in three trim levels. The automaker reported a 21% jump in its global vehicle sales for October, as compared to the year-ago month.
The company will soon sell its commercial trucks in the European market with further plans of shipping complete knockdown kits (CKDs), which can be used in assembling vehicles. Additionally, the company is looking at ramping up sales of luxury brands Jaguar and Land Rover in India and China. Other plans include the launch of hybrid, fuel efficient cars in emerging markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV