NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "If you've got a chance to make some money in the market, take it," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday as he reflected on a huge up day on Wall Street.
He told investors not to worry about if this rally is sustainable in the future, but rather how they can profit from it today.Cramer said the Federal Reserve's actions are designed to ignite confidence in the markets. He said they will result in more money coming into the market and thus take stocks higher. He said the Fed's moves will also trigger buying in the commodities and make the dollar more competitive overseas, all of which leads to profits to be made in the short term. Cramer likened the current market action to that in Japan in the 1980s, or that of the technology stocks in the 1990s. Yes, both of those moves eventually came to an end, he said, but in the interim fortunes were made. Cramer said eventually it will be time to take the "money and run," but that time isn't today. He said investors meed to stay flexible, and know when there's still money left on the table and when they've made enough and realize it's time to move on. Cramer's bottom line: "Save the opining for later; there's money to be made."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV