Glen Burnie Bancorp Releases 3Q Earnings
Glen Burnie Bancorp (NASDAQ: GLBZ), parent company of The Bank of Glen Burnie, today announced results for the third quarter.
The company realized a net income of $689,000 or $0.25 basic earnings per share in the quarter ended September 30, 2010 compared to net income of $527,000 or $0.20 basic earnings per share for the same three month period in 2009. For the nine months ending September 30, 2010, net income was $1,410,000 or $0.52 basic earnings per share as compared to net income of $1,472,000 or $0.53 basic earnings per share for the same period in 2009.
The bank achieved the following additional highlights:
- $7 million decrease in long-term borrowings
- $5 million payoff of Junior Subordinated Debentures
- 1.40% increase in year to date deposits
- 7.30% Tier 1 leveraged ratio, FDIC required level of 4.0%
Total interest income for the quarter ending September 30, 2010 was $4,608,000 as compared to $4,749,000 for the same period in 2009. Total interest income was $13,792,000 for the nine months ending September 30, 2010 as compared to $13,971,000 for the same period in 2009. For the three month period ending September 30, 2010, net interest income after provision for credit losses was $2,911,000 as compared to $2,763,000 for the same period in 2009. For the nine months ending September 30, 2010 net interest income after provision for credit losses was $8,436,000 as compared to $8,303,000 for the same period in 2009.“The results for the third quarter, ending September 30, 2010, continue to reflect the benefits of our long-held approach to community banking. Our increase in income, as compared to the third quarter of last year, as well as our reduction of debt, are calming signs in this struggling economy,” commented Michael G. Livingston, President and Chief Executive Officer. “While the decrease in debt reduced the asset size of the Bancorp, it also reduced our interest expense, which has a positive effect on earnings.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV