Digital Realty Dulls on Costs
SAN FRANCISCO (TheStreet) -- Digital Realty Trust (DLR), a niche real estate investment trust, missed expectations by a penny with FFO of 81 cents per share, though the line item improved 9.5% year-over-year. Adjusted FFO was 90 cents per share.
Digital Realty said early Thursday that third-quarter FFO was negatively impacted by acquisition-related expenses, the redemption of Digital Realty's 8.5% series A preferred stock, and by charges related to exchanges of its 2026 debentures.>>Digital Realty Trust Expands Portfolio Net income was $23.6 million, or 11 cents per share, down 1.3% from $23.9 million, or 16 cents per share, in the year-earlier period. Total operating revenue was $237.5 million, up 45.5% year-over-year from $163.2 million. The REIT forecast FFO per share for fiscal 2010 to be in a range between $3.28 and $3.30, which would represent growth as high as 12.6% over fiscal 2009. Adjusted FFO for the year is projected to be between $3.40 and $3.42. Analysts expected Digital Realty Trust to report FFO of $3.31 for fiscal 2010. Digital Realty's primary property holdings are datacenters, digital storage facilities which are used by companies to maintain their internet presence or beef up their data networks. Datacenters are expensive to build and maintain, and as such, supply is relatively inelastic.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV