Emergent Group Reports Third Quarter Results
SUN VALLEY, Calif., Nov. 4, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Emergent Group Inc. (NYSE Amex:LZR), a leading provider of mobile medical lasers and surgical equipment, announced the following financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2010:
- Revenue decreased 4.8% to $7,594,715 versus $7,981,464 for the prior year's third quarter ended September 30, 2009 as the company noted continued softness in demand for medical procedures and related services affecting various healthcare sectors. However, third quarter revenue was 4.8% higher than the second quarter of 2010. This compared to sequential revenue growth of 2.5% between the second and third quarters of 2009.
- EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) declined 8.7% to $1,919,041 versus $2,101,177 for the prior year period.
- Net income decreased 14.5% to $710,036, or $0.10 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2010, versus $830,656, or $0.12 per diluted share, in the prior year period. Diluted weighted-average shares outstanding were lower in the current quarter at 7,045,049 versus 7,089,598 for the prior year period.
- At the end of the quarter, the company had a cash balance of $7,283,073, amounting to $1.03 per diluted share.
"With Emergent Group's strong position in the marketplace and our strategic focus on sales," said Chairman and CEO Bruce J. Haber, "we were pleased to see sequential revenue growth between the second and third quarters despite the persistent softness that various healthcare sectors have experienced in overall demand for medical products and services. Although the economic downturn has caused some Americans to lose health insurance or postpone certain medical procedures, we continue to believe that not all such procedures can be delayed indefinitely. Thus, we have confidence that the current softness is a short-term phenomenon and we look forward to a recovery in the near future."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV