ENGlobal Reports Third Quarter Results
HOUSTON, Nov. 4, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ENGlobal (Nasdaq:ENG), a leading provider of energy-related project delivery solutions, announced today its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2010.
Third Quarter 2010 Highlights Compared to Third Quarter 2009:
- $(0.19) earnings per diluted share, a decrease from $0.00, with $(0.03) per share from operations and $(0.16) per share from a pre-tax charge
- Revenue of $85.8 million, a decrease of 1.7%
- Consolidated gross profit margin as a percentage of revenue of 7.5%, a decrease from 8.2%
- Positive cash flow from operations of $2.2 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2010
- 31.6% increase in long-term debt
ENGlobal reported third quarter net loss of $5.2 million, or $(0.19) earnings per diluted share, for the quarter ended September 30, 2010, a decrease from a net loss of $0.1 million, or $0.00 for the quarter ended September 30, 2009. The Company's third quarter operating results include a pre-tax charge of $7.2 million related to uncollectable note receivable from a bankrupt client, South Louisiana Ethanol ("SLE").Management's Assessment: Commenting on the results, ENGlobal's President and Chief Executive Officer, Edward L. Pagano said, "Although ENGlobal's financial results are disappointing, we are pleased to announce that ENGlobal showed net income in September 2010 for the first time since July 2009. We continue to see improvements across several of our operational metrics, such as bi-weekly billable man hours and utilization, when compared to the second quarter 2010. These metrics improved during each month of the quarter. We remain cautiously optimistic about business trends heading into the fourth quarter, which is seasonally our weakest due to vacations and holidays." The SLE dispute involved a project relating to the retro-fit of an ethanol plant in southern Louisiana. ENGlobal provided engineering services on a lump sum basis and procurement and construction services on a cost reimbursable basis. In August 2009, SLE filed for Bankruptcy protection. The Bankruptcy court in Louisiana recently ruled on the distribution of assets in the event of a future sale or liquidation of the ethanol facility's assets that was significantly lower than the Company's previous estimate. ENGlobal has adjusted the note receivable accordingly.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV