Sirius XM posted third-quarter net income of $67.6 million, or a penny a share, swinging from a year-ago loss of $151.5 million, or 4 cents a share.
Revenue rose 15% from a year ago to $722.5 million.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected Sirius XM to break even on a per-share basis. Analysts projected revenue of $718.7 million.Sirius XM also upped its full-year outlook, saying it now projects full-year 2010 adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) of approximately $600 million. Previously, Sirius XM guided full-year EBITDA of approximately $575 million. Sirius XM also said it now expects adjusted revenue for 2010 will exceed $2.8 billion. Free cash flow will exceed $150 million the company added.. Sirius XM said net subscriber additions totaled 334,727 in the quarter, more than tripling the number of net subscriber additions in the year-ago quarter. The company said it ended the quarter with 19.86 million subscribers. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV