MakeMyTrip (MMYT) may be off its highs, but the Indian travel-destination provider has continued to hold much of its gains. Shares priced at $14 in August. At $33.85, it's up more than 140% from the IPO price. The stock has been as high as $42.
Molycorp (MCP) is the come-from-nowhere IPO that does not even have real operations. The U.S. "rare earth" company won't even have full operations until the end of 2011. China's limit in rare-earth materials, along with a new rare earth ETF, give this one a floor. Molycorp traded under its $14 IPO price and soared to $40 briefly. It's now at $33.75.
AutoNavi (AMAP) is a Chinese company that provides global positioning and navigation services for cars. That has kept its cell-phone and smartphone competition more limited compared with Garmin (GRMN) in the U.S. AutoNavi went public July 1 in the peak-selling week of summer, and shares are up over 70% at $21.55 versus its $12.50 IPO price. The low was $12.62.
The China, or Asia, theme is hard to ignore among the top IPO winners. These 100%-plus gainers are impressive.-- Written by Jon C. Ogg of 24/7 Wall St.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV