General Atomics Selects PT's IPnexus® Application-Ready Systems For Navy's Advanced Arresting Gear (AAG) Program
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Nov. 3, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- PT (Nasdaq: PTIX), the recently rebranded Performance Technologies, a leading global provider of advanced network communications solutions, today announced that its IPnexus® Application-Ready Systems have been selected by General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Division to provide vital sensor processing for the next-generation aircraft recovery system aboard the U.S. Navy's CVN 78 aircraft carrier.
The Advanced Arresting Gear (AAG) program integrates PT's advanced, long life-cycle computing and communications solution with existing components for deceleration during recovery operations in Navy aircraft carriers. The IPnexus system provides a high-performance sensor processing platform that enables precise data monitoring and reporting of information as well as self-diagnostics with maintenance alerts.
"We evaluated a number of options for this critical piece of network infrastructure and found that PT's IPnexus Application-Ready Systems provide the solid foundation we needed to build a reliable sensor solution," said Dr. Gregory Chapelle, AAG principal instrument engineer at General Atomics.
PT develops mission-critical systems, sub-systems, and software for defense firms and government agencies around the world. The company's commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS)-based network communication and computing systems are engineered into a wide variety of programs comprising shipboard communications, air traffic control, radar and sensor systems, ground-based communications and government telecommunications applications."The AAG program represents an important design win for us and is another example of how our COTS-based solutions continue to meet the high availability and long lasting performance requirements for today's aerospace and defense communications infrastructure," said Ed Bizari, vice president of sales for Military, Aerospace, and Government Systems at PT. Online Resources System architects for military, defense, and government communication systems needing more information on PT's IPnexus Application-Ready Systems can access the following online resources:
- Military, Aerospace, and Government overview: http://pt.com/page/mag
- IPnexus Application-Ready Systems for CompactPCI®: http://pt.com/page/ipnexus/pre-integrated-systems/compactpci
- IPnexus Application-Ready Systems for MicroTCA®: http://pt.com/page/ipnexus/pre-integrated-systems/microtca
- PT's Shipboard Communication Applications: http://pt.com/page/mag/shipboard-communications
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV