Urologix Reports Results For Fiscal Year 2011 First Quarter
- Revenue increased 3 percent in the first quarter of fiscal year 2011 compared to the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2010
- Net loss of $0.05 per diluted share consistent with first quarter of fiscal year 2010
MINNEAPOLIS, Nov. 3, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Urologix®, Inc. (Nasdaq:ULGX), a medical device company that develops, manufactures and markets minimally invasive Cooled ThermoTherapy™ technology to urologists to provide a durable and effective in-office treatment for patients suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), today reported financial results for the first quarter of its fiscal year 2011 that ended September 30, 2010.
Fiscal 2011 first quarter revenue was $3.4 million, up 3 percent from the $3.3 million reported in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2010 and down 13 percent compared to the $3.9 million reported for the same period of the prior year. The sequential revenue increase in the first quarter of fiscal year 2011 was due to an increase in Prostaprobe sales to our third party mobiles following a temporary backorder in the prior quarter. The revenue decline compared to the prior year quarter is primarily due to the fiscal year 2010 first quarter benefit of the temporary market withdrawal of a competitive product and the impact of changes in our sales force during the first quarter of fiscal year 2011.For its fiscal year 2011 first quarter, Urologix posted a net loss of $708,000, or $0.05 per diluted share, on revenue of $3.4 million. This compares to a net loss of $677,000, or $0.05 per diluted share, in the prior-year first quarter and a net loss of $622,000, or $0.04 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2010. The fourth quarter of fiscal year 2010 included a tax benefit of $84,000 related to a net operating loss carry back claim that decreased the net loss in that period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV