MercadoLibre, Inc. Reports Financial Results For Third Quarter 2010
* Q3'10 net income increases by 90.7% year-over-year to $18.8 million
* Items sold during Q3'10 increase by 30.1% year-over-year to 10.4 million
* Total payment transactions during Q3'10 increase by 120.3% year-over-year to 1.9 millionBUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Nov. 3, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MercadoLibre, Inc. (Nasdaq:MELI) ( http://www.mercadolibre.com ), Latin America's leading e-commerce technology company, today reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2010. Marcos Galperin, President and Chief Executive Officer of MercadoLibre, Inc., commented, "We are pleased with our strong third quarter results, which once again benefitted from sustained secular trends that continue to drive e-commerce growth in the region. Accordingly, we are confident that our platform of complementary offerings is the right approach. MercadoPago, our payments solution, continues to quickly gain ground as buyers are attracted to our seamless, easy-to-use marketplace, MercadoLibre. Looking ahead, this will be even more relevant as the holidays approach." Third Quarter 2010 Financial Results Summary MercadoLibre reported consolidated net revenues for the three months ended September 30, 2010 of $56.0 million, representing 10.6% year-over-year growth in U.S. dollars and 23.2% year-over-year growth in local currencies. Growth rates were negatively impacted since the company began to pre-sell financing receivables, therefore reporting as revenues for the third quarter of 2010 the net amount collected from these pre-sales. Had financing receivables also been pre-sold during the third quarter of 2009, respective year-over-year growth in net revenues would have been 19.9% in U.S. dollars and 33.6% in local currencies. Items sold on MercadoLibre grew 30.1% to 10.4 million while total Payments transactions through MercadoPago grew 120.3% to 1.9 million when compared to the third quarter of 2009. In local currencies, gross merchandise volume and total payments volume grew 26.5% and 63.0% year-over-year, respectively. In U.S. dollars, gross merchandise volume for the quarter grew 12.3% year-over-year to $888.1 million, while total payment volume grew 66.6% year-over-year to $189.9 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV