In Oregon, a state ballot seeking the development of a casino at the Multnomah Kennel Club in Wood Village, about 15 miles from Portland, Oregon, was voted down.
The Multnomah casino would have been the first private casino in the state, and was expected to have up to 3,500 slot machines and 150 table games.
Existing Indian casinos in Oregon spent a lot to get the measure opposed.Again, this measure presented little tangible effects on the sector, but would have been a positive for equipment makers, if passed. --Written by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jeanine Poggi. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jpoggi. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV