California residents voted down an initiative that would have allowed a $1.2 billion mixed-use tribal resorts and casino in Richmond, Cali.
The casino would have been built by the Guidiville Band of Pomo Indians and Upstream Point Molate. It was expected to have 4,000 slot machines and 1,100 hotel rooms.
This proposal doesn't drastically affect the sector one way or another, but if passed, would have been most notable for the slot machine makers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV